May 7, 2014

A Day in the Life

Tomorrow I am planning to join Ali Edwards in a project called “A Day in the Life” where I will spend the entire day documenting my life through photos and words.
Then I'm going to compile all of those delicious details into a mini-book, which I have yet to choose (I will probably end up making my own).
This is a project I absolutely love and I've done it for a number of years, although I have only completed it in  a "Week in the Life” form.
Each time I go back and look at the albums I created during those time periods I am mesmerized by the tiny details I’ve captured.
I think recording one day’s worth of my life will be  a perfect fit; I have tended to burn out by the end of documenting a week because it’s a long time to persevere and sometimes life itself just gets in the way. 

IMG_6306
Here’s a look at my albums from 2010 and 2012.
They’re 8.5 x 11 binders I bought at Target and decorated.

IMG_6287
This is the layout style I used throughout the 2010 album.

IMG_6292
And here’s the layout I used in the 2012 album.
There’s another page of photos and journaling behind each one of these, so each day had about four pages.
I like this style and will probably use something similar to document my day tomorrow.

What do you think? Want to join me?
I'll be posting some of my photos on my personal blog this weekend, and I'll post back here when I've completed the project.
-Kristi
Pin It!

No comments: